Wednesday, August 31, 2011

12 hour countdown until 40 hours of travel to Kolkata

(Posted on September 8, 2010)

In less than 12 hours I will be departing for 40 hours of travel to Kolkata, India.  Some of the other members of our India 8 team have already left.  When I step on the Emirates flight from Los Angeles Thursday afternoon, I won't be getting off the plane until landing in Dubai on Friday night.  After that 16 hour flight, the journey is still not complete.  Fortunately, three other team members will also be connecting in Dubai from Argentina, France, and Germany.  It will be nice to meet up with them after almost three months of conference calls and preparaton.  We will meet the other 6 members of our team in Kolkata on Saturday morning.  I am still wondering if I will be awake and alert, or half asleep after I get there.  My Emirates flight will have close to 1200 in-seat channels of video....it may take 16 hours just to decide what to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment